Sunday, October 27, 2013

Wonderful Words of Life

Newer is not necessarily better...in fact, it often is not where gospel music is concerned. Yes, I do love the contemporary sound, and there are some beautiful, anointed songs and singers out there even now lifting up the banner of Christ. I am grateful for them!

But I find that many of the old tunes grab me by the heartstrings and won't let go. They touch me in a special way. I pray that we never let modern music crowd them out completely...

This one blessed me immensely today. I've been a bit under the weather, so sitting at home watching gospel television was my morning service...and this song made it so special that I wanted to share the lyrics here. You've probably heard this one many times before, but maybe you haven't heard it in a while...and maybe it will bless you as it blessed me. I pray it does!

Wonderful Words of Life

Sing them over again to me, wonderful words of life,
Let me more of their beauty see, wonderful words of life;
Words of life and beauty teach me faith and duty.


Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life,
Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life.
 
Christ, the bless├Ęd One, gives to all wonderful words of life;
Sinner, list to the loving call, wonderful words of life;
All so freely given, wooing us to heaven.


Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life,
Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life.
 
Sweetly echo the Gospel call, wonderful words of life;
Offer pardon and peace to all, wonderful words of life;
Jesus, only Savior, sanctify us forever.


Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life,
Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment