Thursday, February 16, 2012
I'm a Liebster Blog Award Winner! :)
My friend, Jude Urbanski, has given me a sweet gift in the Liebster Blog Award! Since I didn't enter anything to win it, it was a wonderful, very nice surprise to know someone noticed Living the Write Life and thought it deserving of praise.
What is the Liebster Blog Award?
Legend has it that The Liebster Blog Award originated in Germany. Liebster means dearest or beloved, and Liebe is love. The award is meant to encourage readership of small, lovable blogs with fewer than 200 followers. (Lovable! My blog is lovable!)
In accepting the Liebster Blog Award, the recipient agrees to thank the person who gave them the award and link back to that person’s blog and must reveal five snippets about themselves that readers may not already know.
Well, now. My life's pretty much an open book, and I'm having a hard time thinking of anything everyone doesn't already know about me, but...I'll give it a shot.
1. I was raised in a tiny farming community called WEEDPATCH. That's pretty much what it was, too...I can still feel those goathead stickers in my feet when I think about them!
2. Once upon a time, I was the lead singer in a country-western band. Yep, stood up in front of people and sang about cheatin' hearts and such.
3. I was a staff writer for a newspaper, and was fortunate enough to write FUN, UPLIFTING stories about everyday people with something good going on in their lives. (I still think those are the best bits of news...we just don't see enough of them!)
4. I love Dr. Pepper...so shoot me! Yes, I know I should give up the habit, but what can I say? It's one of life's small pleasures...
5. I was a clown for a short time. A friend and I started a business entertaining at children's parties. It was a short-lived endeavor...I think it was while trying to make kids laugh that I realized I'm not a very funny gal. LOL
Now you know more than you ever wanted to about me.
Here are five people whose blogs I deem worthy of the Liebster Blog Award:
Susan Hollaway's Journey's of Love...Inspired by Faith
Marianne Evans' A Minute with Marianne
Tanya Stowe's Tanya's Topics
Dora Hiers' Dora Hiers Blog
Donna B. Snow's Donna B. Snow: Let's Find a Good Christian Story Together
Posted by Delia Latham at 11:46 AM